WORK HARD, PLAY HARD
Powers recognizes that employees, customers and families all benefit from living in healthier, stronger communities and we’ve found ways to bring this about at Powers through our employee Health & Wellness program and Corporate Philanthropy projects. Chances are if you’re out and about enjoying the 300 plus days of Colorado sunshine, you may just run into our Powers team rafting Clear Creek river, climbing Mt. Bierstadt or running in Washington Park supporting the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver. Working at Powers Products, employees can take advantage of the many programs available rewarding them for everything from volunteering in the community, staying fit or achieving their health & wellness goals.
Powers is an active supporter of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver volunteering as a company in the clubs, participating in their annual Scream Scram 5k run, and donating to various BGCMD events on an annual basis. In addition, in support of our customers who share the same passion for community engagement, we donate to a multitude of non-profits annually including Junior Achievement, National MS Society, Big Sticks Foundation, UCD Assistive Technology Partners, Denver Architectural Foundation, ACE Scholarships, First Tee and others.
Powers is excited to be partnering with Habitat For Humanity and Wish For Wheels this coming year. Our team will be joining together to participate in a group build day with Habitat for Humanity this Spring. Our year-long initiative with Wish for Wheels will raise enough money to purchase 25 bikes for a group of kindergarten students who may otherwise never own their own bike. Powers is excited to not only be raising the money but also building the bikes as a team and delivering them directly to the school to help fit and teach the kids to ride a bike.
HEALTH & WELLNESS INITIATIVES
- “Powers Bucks” monthly exercise incentive program
- Health & Wellness Plan
- Volunteer Reimbursement & Incentive program
- Monthly Challenges:
- Project Zero, Let’s Give Thanks, Water Challenge, Buddy Program, 14-er Challenge, New Year “New You”
- Cigna Transparency in Coverage Rule
- This link leads to the machine-readable files that are made available in response to the federal Transparency in Coverage Rule and includes negotiated service rates and out-of-network allowed amounts between health plans and healthcare providers. The machine readable files are formatted to allow researchers, regulators, and application developers to more easily access and analyze data.
We will take pride and hold our heads high, knowing that we are attempting to do things the right way, even is it’s not the right result every time.